Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Power of Music: Worship In Default

When you say worship, you think music. If you don't, congratulations buy yourself a latte or some other high caffine, upper class liquid beverage from your local Starbucks. Ill explain why you just spent $5.00 USD later in another post. But music has been the default expression of worship for centuries. It isn't wrong, I mean its even Biblical. Psalm 100:1 reads, "Make a joyful noise unto the LORD." Joyful noise... Hmm. Seems to me that God really likes music. Angels play instruments and sing and we make that joyful noise at the begin and end of pretty much every church service. I mean Lucifer, you know the most powerful angel ever, was head of the choir of angels for crying out loud. If that made him the most powerful, then maybe I should look into becoming a worship leader someday... But the fact of the matter is, worship music has the power to brighten our days, focus us upon God, and bring us to our knees before the creator of all we see, hear, feel, and cannot begin to comprehend. If you can make one habit of your daily life, it is to find a good solid Christian radio station, or burn a mixed worship CD, or make a playlist on your MP3 player of worship music and listen to it often. It really is important that we do this to keep us focused on Jesus. I know that if I am listening to worship music, I am less likely to have impure thoughts assail me or me to accidentally sin. So boot up that iPod or dial into that station and make it a habit. It is helpful.


Local Stations of Notice-
-93.7-AirOne- (Also can be accessed on iTunes Radio.)
-96.7-Pulse-

Bands of Notice-
-David Crowder Band-
-Hillsong United-
-Caedmon's Call-
-Delirious?-
-Jeremy Camp-
-Jars of Clay-


Powered by ScribeFire.

1 comment:

KarlH said...

Don't forget dance!

That was a really big one too in Biblical times.

As I think it should today.

Although, I doubt I would ever participate in it. =P

You can worship God through anything.

Although I agree that music is the most powerful for a large amount of people.