Saturday, February 24, 2007

NINE12 Serves Samuel's Cafe

NINE12 served Samuel's Cafe today by re-painting their walls and cleaning out their basement. The majority of the girls stayed inside the warm cafe to paint and had a good time or so I thought from their laughter. The majority of the guys however stayed outside in the freezing weather lifting heavy boxes of tiles, supplies, and concrete and dust to tote to a dumpster. On top of all that I personally had to chisel the ice, snow, frozen leaves, and rick hard dirt off of the steps down to the basement from the outside. Now I am not sure I can move my right shoulder higher than my head. I missed the free hot chocolate to get some shots of the other volunteers sitting on the couches. Besides all the pain and lack of a chocolatey, steaming beverage, I know that what I did was right and that through this cafe maybe some other teenagers will be led to Christ. That is why as Christians, God doesn't instantly bring us up to heaven because we still have a job to finish, Matthew 28:19-20 says, "Go ye therefore and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things watsoever I have commanded you: and lo, I am with you always, even unto the the end of the world." It is our job to give them a place to learn and grow in Christ with us to help them along in their journey. Ultimately we know we go to heaven, its what we do while we are on Earth that really matters.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

you forgot to mention the 3 girls that did go outside ;P

|PAULINC.| said...

Aye but only for a wee bit. Then they turned tail and ran off to price chopper