Thursday, September 20, 2007

Curses Of Weakness

God curse my heart, for it betrays me.
God curse my mind, for it confuses me.
God curse my eyes, for they deceive me.
God curse my lips, for they hunger after That which I must wait for.
God curse even my tongue, for it curses that which I love, have want of, and need yet still to curse.

But even after I have cursed, bless my soul oh Lord.
Bless this soul that screams of passion for you my King.
Where I fall in flesh, you catch me in spirit.
May your spirit work through my soul and into my flesh that will have not need to curse it.

For though my soul burns for you,
My heart is of a lover,
My mind is of a scholar,
My eyes are of a pervert,
My lips are of passion and longing.
And even my tongue is of the witty.

Let that heart be of a lover for God and His will.
Let that mind be of a school always thinking of God.
Let these eyes be of a saint always searching for your will.
Let these lips be of passion for God's word and His kingdom.
And this tongue be of scripture, flowing forth with His word.

But even now in the silence,
In the dark, still of this night.
My soul cries out in its burden,
Of its flesh to be set right.

No comments: