Saturday, September 8, 2007

Job: Not Steve You Fool, the Bible Guy

No not Steve Jobs, even though he is pretty cool. I mean Job from the Bible. Specifically the book that a lot of people pass over before hitting up Psalms then then Proverbs. Job is one of those books of the bible that I think if you took it out and made it a separate book, it would still work. In Sunday School, I remember hearing about how God allowed Satan to test Job to the full extent of his faith and Job always remained faithful to God and God blessed him by like billions more than he previously had. To be as transparent as possible though, I always wanted to be like Job until recently. I always wanted to be tested to the limit of my faith to see how much I truly loved God. But now that I think more about that, it frightens the *something that sounds weird* out of me. I am sure that if I ever met Thomas, he would be like, "They should've called it Doubting Paul not me." I want faith like Peter had! I want faith enough to walk on waters! That is one of my hearts desires, but right now I feel so under pressure from Satan and I feel like God is telling me, 'If I wait for the perfect time to test you, you will never be ready.' So if God is testing I say bring it on, but I feel like a 3 year old trying to learn how to ride a bike again. If I fall the worst that could happen is a few bruises and God will pick me back up. But if I succeed I make myself a place in heaven more glorious than Leonidas and his Spartans could have asked for. I pray that I don't fall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Careful to call no man a fool...